Teeth grinding and snoring may seem a small issue for some, but it can lead to many sleepless nights for you and your partner, severe headaches and ongoing dental and health problems if not addressed.
The signs and symptoms of bruxism vary according to the nature, frequency, duration and strength of excessive clenching and grinding, include:
- Pain in the teeth and sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Chronic muscular facial pain with tension headaches.
- The noise, noticed by partners, friends or relatives, that occurs as the teeth are ground together.
- Flattened and worn tooth surfaces, which may reveal the underlying yellow or orange dentine layer.
- Micro fractures of the tooth enamel. Broken or chipped teeth.
- Stiffness and pain in the jaw joint that cause restricted opening and difficult chewing.