The pros and cons of dental veneers
So you’re thinking about dental veneers? If your dentist has recommended veneers as a solution to address dental issues, you’re probably searching for more information regarding the pros and cons. Dental veneers offer great benefits but also come with certain considerations.
Before we start looking at the pros and cons of dental veneers, here are a few quick facts you should know:
- Veneers are a great choice if you have stained, worn, chipped or cracked teeth. Minor misalignments can also be corrected without orthodontics, improving your smile and your confidence.
- Dental veneers resemble your existing teeth and look and feel completely natural. They are custom-designed to match the colour and shape of your other teeth.
- With the advancements in dental technology, getting dental veneers is a painless procedure. You may experience some discomfort, but serious pain is very rare.
- When taken care of properly, dental veneers can last between 7 and 15 years. You should schedule regular dental check-ups, brush your teeth twice a day, floss regularly and avoid extremely hard foods, teeth grinding and food, drinks and smoking which can stain your teeth.
- At The Practice, we offer flexible payment options to pay for your dental veneers. We offer ZipPay and ZipMoney, depending on your circumstances.
- Our South Brisbane dentists are experienced
The pros of dental veneers:
- Natural looking: Dental veneers can improve the appearance of your smile and give you a natural look and feel.
- Minimally invasive: Compared to other dental procedures, dental veneers are minimally invasive.
- Quick results: In only a few visits, we can transform your smile.
The cons of dental veneers:
- Cost: Dental veneers give great results, but are one of the more expensive dental treatments we offer at our West End dental clinic.
- Irreversible: Dental veneers alter your natural teeth, so once they are in place they are permanent.
- Dental care commitment: Veneers require good dental care to ensure their longevity.
Dental veneers offer you a chance to transform your smile and boost your confidence. While there are many considerations including the cost and care commitment, there are many benefits that make veneers a great natural-looking choice if you’re looking to improve your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry at The Practice – West End
Dental veneers are just one of the cosmetic dentistry options offered at The Practice South Brisbane. Our experienced dentists are here to help guide you to the most suitable treatment option and ensure your treatment journey is smooth from beginning to end.
The Practice offers dental veneers, crowns and bridges and teeth whitening (in-chair and take-home) to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. To find out how you can transform your smile, reach out to us today. Contact us online or call 07 3733 3223.